After SDR repairs your vehicle, we recommend the following paint care & maintenance procedures.
First 30 Days:
- When washing the vehicle, only wash by hand with cool water.
- Use a mild car wash solution and a soft cloth or sponge.
- Always use clean fresh water.
- Wash your vehicle in the shade.
- Do not use a commercial car wash. Stiff brushes or sponges could mar the finish and damage the surface.
- Do not “dry wipe” your vehicle. Dry wiping can scratch the finish.
- Do not drive on gravel roads. Chipping the finish is easily done in the first 30 days.
- Avoid parking under trees and utility lines. Bird droppings and tree sap have a high acid content and will damage a freshly painted surface.
- Do not scrape ice or snow from a newly painted surface.
First 90 Days:
Do not wax or polish the vehicle. This will allow the finish to dry and harden completely.